Wednesday, February 23, 2011

CCTWQ#11 Hemingway

I have never been away from my native home for a long enough time to ever feel alienated from it. I have although visited other areas to which the culture and way of life is different from what I am accustom to. Being within this atmosphere, you don’t know exactly how to act. You almost have this overcome desire to try and fit in and so take part within the customs and behavior of those around you.
Our surroundings and relationships are what make us who we are. So being around others and their cultures causes a person to relate and adapt in order to fit in which in turn causes us to become alienated our native home.
Within Hemingway’s story “Soldier’s Home”, Krebs underwent this very change. He because accustom to his surroundings in Germany and so became an alien to his native home in Kansas. Not ever experiencing this myself, it was very easy to say that Krebs simply needed to move on. I know that everything was different for him, but it was as though he didn’t very hard to fit back into his native life style.

No comments:

Post a Comment