Thursday, January 27, 2011

Myself

Hi everyone, my name is Jennifer and I am partaking in Mrs.Blunk's English course.  
I was not always very fond of reading, but within the past few years I have come to realize how wonderful and enlightening it is enjoying a good book.  I think this is why I found this course so intriguing.  My husband and I have made a habit of setting aside an hour to read to our kids at night, and in turn this has increased their desire to read.  I am hoping to grow in my knowledge and understanding of literature this semester.
One of my favorite author's is Jane Austen.  I absolutely love "Pride and Prejudice", and "Sense and Sensibility".  I am sucked into the era when women wore glorious gowns and spent their time dining, drinking, dancing, and of course falling in love.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jennifer! I think it's great that you read to your kids :) I feel a lot more parents should spark their childrens interest in reading. Surprisingly, my love for reading has grown from constantly being grounded and having nothing to do BUT read :) Also, I love Jane Austen. I find her books mesmerizing. Pride & Prejudice is also one of my favorite novels and the movie is beautiful! I'm excited to see what kind of discussions you and I will have throughout the course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla,
    It's nice to meet another fan of Pride and Prejudice, I too love the movie. It was actually the movie that prompted me to read the book. Once I started, I couldn't put it down.
    What other interests do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you to know that I watched Pride & Prejudice last night. Just talking about it made me miss it! The movie caught my attention first as well and then I read the book.

    Besides movies and books, I love dance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny. Have you watched The other Boleyn Girl? I just bought this move and it is great. I want to get the book, I heard that it was fabulous.
    What kind of dance do you like? My husband and I took East Coast Swing classes about a year ago, we really need to brush-up and take a few more. This is the only way that I can get my husband to dance.

    ReplyDelete